This week Highland Radio spoke to fashion student Caoimhe Doherty about how to upcycle and create new clothes from old materials or previously worn garments.
Here’s a few tips if you feel like doing this yourself
- Upcycling is the process of taking old or extra materials and turning them into something new.
- Take on the challenge No Buy July, and together let’s try and combat fast fashion.
- See how you can upcycle or reuse your own clothing rather than buying new items. Tag us and share your creations! #ourstoprotect #highlandradio
- Upcycling means that we don’t have to use any new raw materials in the production process.
- It takes 2,700 liters to produce the cotton needed to make a single t-shirt!
- When you upcycle clothes yourself you have something that is completely unique.
- Unsure where to start with upcycling? Try going on Pinterest, Tik Tok and Youtube for easy step by step guides
Here are a few websites with some more information!