- Please do not put seal pups in the water – they need to rest on land as they are not strong swimmers yet.
- Please keep Dogs on a lead, and children at a safe distance. Not only do seals bite, but they also carry bacteria and diseases that can transfer to your pets.
- If you think a seal is injured, orphaned or in trouble please call our 24-Hour Rescue Helpline for advice: 087 195 5393
- Please only take photos using a zoom camera, if you get too close, and disturb a seal pup, or nursing mum, it may separate them forever.
- Do not touch seals. Seals can bite, particularly at this time of year when they can be very defensive. They also carry nasty bacteria in their mouths!
For more info on this check out: