Did you know?
The Sustainable Energy Communities or SEC Programme is a nationwide initiative which aims to support Ireland’s transition to a more energy efficient and sustainable future.
Lorraine Power works with the Clare Local Development Company.
* The Sustainable Energy Communities (SEC) Programme is a nationwide initiative which aims to support Ireland’s transition to a more energy efficient, sustainable future.
* A Sustainable Energy Community is any group of people who come together to improve how energy is used for the benefit of their community. They look at how we can use energy in a sustainable, holistic way.
* An SEC can include a range of different energy users in the community such as homeowners, sports clubs, community centres, local businesses and churches.
* Registering as an Sustainable Energy Community is a quick and easy process on the SEAI website. Once you register, Lorraine will be in touch to offer support and guidance.
* Once established, an SEC group can apply for 100% funding for a consultant to develop an Energy Master Plan (EMP). The funding ranges from €10k to €20k depending on population size/energy spend.