This week Ireland’s Classic Hits Radio looked at simple ways we can improve the Energy Efficiency of our home.
Did you know…
You can improve the insulation in your home by:
- Insulating between and over the floor joists to seal off living spaces below, in unfinished attic spaces.
- Insulating the attic access door
- Extending insulation into joist space to reduce air flows.
- Insulating all exterior walls
- Sealing around all windows and doors.
The most common ways for heat to escape from your home are…..
- Cracks in Walls, Windows and Doors
- Poorly Insulated Windows
- Framed Walls
- Exterior Doors
Invest in an SEAI assessment of your home to learn more about how to improve your energy efficiency
www.seai.ie – Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland