This week Ireland’s Classic Hits Radio is looking at Electric Vehicles.
Did you know….
- There were an estimated 34,000 Electric cars registered in Ireland (not including hybrids) as of January 2023.
- 15,678 electric cars were registered in 2022 (about 15% of all new car registrations – 105,253)
- This is an 86% increase on the 8,646 electric cars that were registered in 2021
(Figures do not include hybrids)
- Growth of electric car sales continues in 2023. For the month of April 2023 1,870 new electric vehicles were registered compared to 1,280 in April 2022 (+46.1%).
- So far this year 11,164 new electric cars have been registered in comparison to 7,515 (+48.6%) on the same period 2022.
Advantages of Electric Vehicles
Even in our current energy crisis, charging an electric vehicle is cheaper than having to refuel.
- Energy Efficient
Convert more energy to powering a car (around 60% versus 20% for petrol).
- React Very Quickly
They are quick to respond to your manoeuvres and they are faster to speed up.
- Easier To Refuel
All you have to do is plug it in at home so no more late-night trips to the petrol station.
- Very Quiet
They can reduce noise pollution in urban areas.
You can reduce carbon emissions and they generally have a much better impact on the environment.