This week Ireland’s Classic Hits Radio looked at the emergence of Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil as an alternative fuel source for diesel cars.
Did you know…
- HVO fuel is one of the cleanest fuels on the market.
- It’s a second-generation, synthetic, advanced renewable diesel alternative that eliminates up to 90% of net CO2 and significantly reduces nitrogen oxide (NOx), particulate matter (PM) and carbon monoxide (CO) emissions.
- HVO is derived from hydrogenation and hydrocracking of different feedstocks such as tall oil, rapeseed oil, waste cooking oil, and animal fats.
- It is today the second largest renewable diesel alternative world-wide and is blended in fossil diesel being sold as mixtures at fuel filling stations.
The Benefits of HVO:
- Reduced Carbon Emissions
- Reduced Nox Emissions
- Reduced Particulate Matter
- Extreme Temperature Performance
- Long Shelf-Life (10x Diesel)
- Mixable with Regular Diesel
For more information: