This week at Ireland’s Classic Hits Radio we’ve been looking at the sustainable clothing industry.
10 simple steps to being more sustainable with your clothes….
- Educate yourself
The most invaluable first step is to do your research brands that operate with a sustainably-focused mind.
- Go far beyond the 30 wears test
As sustainability becomes a bigger part of our everyday lives, it brings into question whether 30 wears is enough when shopping for our forever wardrobe.
- Invest in trans-seasonal clothes
- Look after your clothes so they last longer
- Donate your unwanted clothes
- Adapt your attitude to shopping
We all know how exciting shopping can be and the thrill that comes with wearing a new item, but opting for vintage pieces or renting outfits for certain occasions is also a great way to do it.
- Invest in quality over quantity
- When buying new, adjust how you spend your money
Change what you splurge on. Spend your ‘investment’ cash on the things you wear every day.
- Learn how to repair clothes yourself (or find a good tailor)
- Change your perspective, and stick to it
For more information: