Heat Pump Checklist
- If you want to avail of an SEAI grant, under the Better Energy Homes (BEH) programme, you must have a Technical Assessment completed on your home by a Registered Technical Advisor to confirm if your home is heat pump ready.
- Carry out any measures identified in the Technical Assessment to bring your home’s heat loss down to the required HLI level of 2 or less.
- Apply for your SEAI grant under the Better Energy Homes (BEH) programme.
- When you’re ready to have a heat pump installed in your home, register with the SEAI and they’ll be in contact with you to arrange a site survey to design and size your heat pump.
How it works
- After you’ve registered, the SEAI heat pump team will give you a call.
- If you’ve had a Technical Assessment completed and you’ve received approval for your grant, they’ll arrange for a site survey to design and size your heat pump system.
- Once the survey of your property is completed, the engineer will recommend the best heat pump and provide details of the works required and the costs involved.
- If you’re happy, you then pay a 50% deposit (of the total price), and they’ll schedule the installation of your heat pump.
- Generally, installations take about a week. Pipework and radiators may need to be updated to get the best out of your heat pump.
For more information: