Did you know…
A survey was carried out to inform Cork City Council’s Climate Action Unit. The survey reveals that:
- 64% of Cork people strongly agree that ‘Cork must transform into a more sustainable place to live and work that is climate neutral and resilient’.
- 86% of Cork people want more pedestrianised streets.
- 92% want more parks, biodiversity and green spaces in the city.
- 88% want more locally produced foods.
- 89% want more trees on city streets.
What you can do…
Take part in this week’s Car free city by taking a bike, public transport or walking into the city centre.
Also try and make your city days as car free as possible.
Here’s a few resources if you want to know more:
Cork City to host first Car Free Day here
Transport and Mobility Forum here