Did You Know:
- Plogging is a combination of jogging with picking up litter, merging the Swedish verbs plocka upp (pick up) and jogga (jog) gives the new Swedish verb plogga, from which the word plogging derives.
- Roger Overall has been plogging since 2016.
- He sets himself 3 pieces per run. He fills his pockets till he can fit no more.
- He’s on his 5000th piece.
- He takes the pieces, takes pictures of them before binning them or recycling them. He puts the pictures on his instagram which is like an archeological dig & archive of his items.
- Common items include cigarette packets, sweet wrappers from a popular chocolatier & drinks cans from a popular drinks company.
- Roger’s 5000th plogging piece was a clear wrapper from a cigarette packet.
What You Can Do:
- You can begin your own plogging journey.
- When you go for a walk, jog or run, pick up litter along the way.
- Set yourself a limit or a target to reach per jog.
- Bring plastic bags, or gloves if needs be.
- Bring the litter home & archive images so you can see the frequent littered items & keep track of how many you have saved from littering the streets, wildlife or waters.
Find Out More: