Did You Know:
- A biodigester uses food scraps mixed with cardboard (which is a source of carbon dioxide) and nitrogen to make compost. These are mixed together and broken down to eventually make soil.
- The aim is to stop wasting our waste and reuse it to give it a new life and purpose.
- The biodigester used by CUSP can break down enough food waste from up to 100 families.
- They can build 10 and a half tonnes of compost to use the soil for growing vegetables.
What You Can Do:
- Reduce your food waste as best as you can, by cooking only what you need.
- From leftover food, you can freeze it, make new recipes, or pickle and ferment it.
- With all other scraps, compost it to make soil.
- If you’re lucky enough to have a biodigester near you, then that’s a quick fix.
Find Out More: