Did You Know:
- Artificial trees have higher energy consumption. They are made of plastic, produced in countries with less energy efficient measures and transportation across the world adds to a lengthy carbon footprint.
- When artificial trees have served their time they end up in landfill for years and years.
- Cut trees surprisingly are the better option. Despite the number of trees cut a year, two are planted in their place each year.
- Real trees can be replanted or recycled at least.
- Renting a tree is the new sustainable way. Trees are planted, fed and watered and removed for Christmas where they’re rented to families and returned after Christmas to be replanted.
- This is a yearly cycle and families can get 15 years from one tree. The trees are eventually retired once they reach a certain height and are planted for life.
What You Can Do:
- Hold onto your artificial tree as long as you can, to avoid the bin.
- When the time is for a new tree, then go down the renting route.
Find Out More: