In this episode Max speaks with Felicity Gaffney about the sustainable Christmas Market at the National Botanic Gardens and how we can all enjoy a greener Christmas.
Tips for a greener Christmas:
- Get Crafty- Let someone know you care with a lovely homemade gift like cookies or a handmade Christmas decoration.
- Buy Local- Small business are the heart of the community. Shop local and support the area you live in.
- The Gift of Experience-Avoid waste by giving the gift of experience this year such as a restaurant voucher or tickets for a show.
- Less is More-Club together for teacher presents or do Secret Santa in your family. One bigger present will be gratefully received and cuts waste down to a minimum.
- Support a Good Cause-Why not make a donation to a charity that’s close to your loved one’s heart? There are so many to choose from, environmental, humanitarian, animal…..
For more lots more useful tips take a look at this article www.thegreenrootsproject.ie
Minimise food waste with some forward planning www.stopfoodwaste.ie
Discover Ireland recommends a number of Experience Gifts www.discoverireland.ie