This week Galway Bay FM looked at drone tech being used to maintain renewable electric power plants with Simon Henry of Zenadrone.
Did you know…
- Drones are used to monitor and inspect wind turbines for damage.
- They can survey solar panels to help detect any defects or damage.
- Drones can be used to help map out new wind and solar farms.
- They can also be used to help maintain power lines for renewable energy transmission.
- They can detect and monitor wildlife near renewable energy sites.
Why is the use of drone tech in the renewable energy industry important?
- Drones can be used to inspect hard-to-reach areas.
- They can help reduce maintenance costs.
- Drones can help reduce the risk of injury to human workers.
- They can be used to quickly identify and respond to maintenance issues.
- The tech can help improve the overall efficiency of renewable energy plants.
What can I do to help support and develop drone tech in the renewable energy sphere?
- Encourage politicians to pursue more research and development into drone technology.
- Advocate for increased funding of drone and renewable energy research.
- Seek to create more educational opportunities for drone pilots and renewable energy experts.
- Advise businesses to promote partnerships between drone and renewable energy companies.
- Develop regulations that support and encourage drone use in the renewable energy sector on a national and local level.
Here’s a few websites if you want to know more!