There’s a new set of wheels in Sligo town and they’re all yours for just 18 cent a minute. We chatted to Aisling Dunne from Bolt e-bikes about the electric bike rental scheme they have launched in the north west.
Three points about Bolt E-Bikes:
- E-Bikes for Short Journeys: About 40% of car journeys in Ireland under 4km can be easily replaced by Bolt E-Bikes. These e-bikes are designed for quick trips, averaging around 10-12 minutes, making them a perfect alternative to cars for short journeys.
- No Membership or Unlock Fees: Bolt e-bikes offer a straightforward payment system. There are no membership fees or unlock charges. Users only pay for the minutes they ride. If you’re not using the service for a year, you don’t pay anything during that time.
- Wide Availability for Confidence: Bolt’s approach is to have a substantial number of e-bikes available in each area. This availability gives users the confidence to rely on the e-bike service for their daily trips, whether it’s commuting to work, running errands, or exploring the town.
Three tips from Bolt E-Bikes:
- Get around easy: Bolt e-bikes are here for quick trips within Sligo town. They’re perfect for journeys under 4km, which is about 10-12 minutes of cycling. Use them instead of cars for eco-friendly travel, reducing traffic and pollution.
- How it works: Just download the Bolt app, set up an account, and find available e-bikes on the map. Unlock with a QR code, ride to your destination, and park in designated spots on the map. It’s a one way ride, so no need to return where you started.
- Affordable Adventure: E-bikes cost 18 cents per minute with no extra fees and you pay only the time you ride. If you use it more, for example, up to an hour or even a week, there are cheaper rates.
For More on this check out: