It’s all about food on this week’s episode as Matthew Richardson gives us a tour of Richardsons, a Limerick supplier of fresh food to top restaurants, hotels and catering companies. We will learn how the highly successful business has a sustainable focus, producing electricity needed by solar panels on the roof and creating circular systems to reduce packaging.
What can a company do to become more sustainable?
- Analyse your own greenhouse emissions to expose what your company’s highest pollutants
- Making little changes like turning off lights in the evening, lowering the heating or air condition and taking devices off plugs when possible can make a massive difference.
- Use low-carbon emitting vehicles, encourage carpooling and public transportation and consider moving electric
- Avoid flying when possible
- Insulate your building to reduce the need for energy and make sure all appliances are energy-efficient
- Consider installing solar panels
- Like the businesses Richardsons supplies, support local suppliers to cut down on air miles and support the local economy
- Reuse and recycle to reduce your carbon footprint and reduce waste
Check out Richardsons website to learn more about the business
Learn more about the ESG policies your business could implement