What should I do with waste from the holidays?
- Any decoration that has any sort of a plug or battery is considered a WEEE item and should be brought to a WEEE drop off recycling point or a civic amenity site.
- Glass bottles, drinks cans and food cans can be brought to banks.
- Candles can be repurposed by using hot water to get rid of the remaining wax and the jar can be reused or recycled
- Consider donating any unwanted toys to your local charity shop or freecycle group.
What can I put in my recycling bin?
- Paper and cardboard
- Letters, brochures
- Flattened cardboard boxes
- Rigid plastic like yogurt pots and salad tubs
- Tins and cans
- Soft plastics like frozen food bags nad bread wappers
What is important to remember?
All items should be clean, dry and placed loosely in the recycling bin.
Limerick.ie is a fantastic and comprehensive resource about the services available throughout the county.