What is eligible for this scheme?
- Most drinks containers that are made from plastic, aluminium or steel can be returned once they are between 150ml and 3 litres in size.
- Eligible containers will have the Re-turn logo on them.
- All containers should be empty, undamaged and in their original shape.
- The barcode must be readable.
All eligible containers will be marked with this logo.
What is not eligible for this scheme?
- Any container that does not have the Re-turn logo on it is not eligible and should be recycled as normal.
- Glass bottles or containers are not included.
- All dairy products, such as yogurt pots and dairy containers, are not included.
- Any container over 3 litres.
- You also will not be able to return drinks containers bought before the first of February as they do not have the Re-Turn logo.
How can I return the eligible containers?
- Return the empty, undamaged container to any retailer, regardless of where it was purchased.
- You can also return the container to a reverse vending machine or manually over the counter
- You will then receive your deposit return in full.
What is important to remember?
The containers should be empty, undamaged and in their original shape when you return them. The barcode must also be readable.
Re-turn has e information about the Deposit and Return Scheme for retailers, producers and customers.