Tips for a Sustainable Christmas
- Wrapping paper – Wrap up this year in style by re-imagining and recycling wrapping paper from gifts received, remembering to keep it clean, dry, and pop it in loose.
- Sweet and biscuit wrappers – Indulge in those essential holiday treats, but remember, the party isn’t over until you recycle the wrappers. Re-imagine plastic this Christmas by placing all your empty sweet and biscuit wrappers into the recycling bin clean, dry and loose.
- Paper/cardboard boxes – Don’t forget to recycle all the paper, cardboard boxes and Christmas cards.
- Soft plastics – Give plastic a second life by placing it in the recycling bin – all plastics, including soft plastic (anything you can scrunch in your hand) can go in the recycling bin.
- Glass bottles – Get into the festive spirit of re-imagining glass this Christmas by recycling your glass bottles. Once you’ve enjoyed your drinks, make sure those empty bottles find their way to your local bottle bank.