Recycling Tips for Christmas Waste
Real Christmas Trees are being accepted at recycling centres in Navan, Trim, Kells and Thornton’s Dunboyne Recycling Centre for shredding.
They will also be taken at the following locations during office hours:
- Meath County Council Depot in Duleek (behind Garda Station)
- The Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
- The Meath County Council Offices on the Drumree Road, Dunshaughlin.
- Christmas cards are generally made of heavy paper or light card.
- Most cards and their envelopes can be placed in the household recycle bin.
- Remove embellishments such as ribbons and film window from envelopes.
- Use old cards for arts and crafts or gift tags.
- Many Christmas decorations are made of a multiple of materials which makes them unsuitable for recycling.
- Reuse your decorations each year or perhaps swap them with friends.
- Old decorations made from paper, card or rigid plastic only- can be placed in the recycling bin.
- If you are not sure what the decoration is made of or unsure if it is made of multiple materials, then place the item in the general waste bin.
- If a decoration has a battery, remove the battery separately for recycling.
- Christmas decoration packaging is generally made of paper, card or soft plastics.
- Paper, card and soft plastic packaging can be placed in the recycling bin.
- Please make sure items are clean, dry and placed loosely in the bin.