This week Midwest Radio hopped on board the biobus as it rolled into Castlebar
Did you know…
- A mobile display called The BioBus will travel throughout Ireland for five weeks, stopping in each county.
- The display looks at our petrochemical economy and how many everyday items we use heavily rely on crude oil.
- The definition of the bio economy and how it can assist in our move away from fossil fuels and toward a more sustainable future are then discussed.
Why is the petrochemical and bio economy so important?
- Ireland’s petrochemical and bio economy sectors are essential for employment development, economic diversification, and environmental impact reduction.
- To increase energy security and encourage sustainable practices, Ireland’s petrochemical and bio economy sectors are crucial.
- The petrochemical and bio economy is important in Ireland as it fosters innovation and supports research and development in renewable resources.
What can I do to help with the bio economy?
- Supporting local businesses and products, reducing energy consumption, and promoting sustainable practices can contribute to the petrochemical and bio economy in Ireland.
- By participating in community recycling programs and advocating for green policies, ordinary individuals can promote the growth of the petrochemical and bio economy in Ireland.
- Choosing products made from renewable resources and reducing single-use plastics can help individuals play a role in Ireland’s petrochemical and bio economy.
Here’s a few websites if you want to know more!
For all information on the biobus.