This week Dublin’s Q102 spoke to Dr.Stephen Dooley from Trinity College Dublin
Did you know…
- According to the IEA, the aviation industry contributed to 2% of global carbon emissions.
- During the last 15 years, global air traffic increased by more than two-thirds, reaching roughly 39 million flights carried out in 2019.
What can I do to help with emissions released from aircrafts?
- Consider other means of transport where possible to replace short haul flights.
- Research whether your preferred airline uses sustainable aviation fuel
What are the goals for the aviation industry?
- The European Commission wants 73% of all aviation fuel lifted off the ground in European airports, to be Sustainable Aviation Fuel by 2050.
Here’s a few websites if you want to know more !