This week Dublin’s Q102 looked at Irish Rivers, Lakes and Ponds.
Did you know…
- The past 10 years have been really bad for water quality.
- Half of our rivers and lakes are polluted.
- Two thirds of our estuaries are polluted
What do An Taisce do?
- An Taisce works on all sorts of issues around climate, biodiversity, water quality, agriculture and planning.
- An Taisce is one of the only prescribed environmental charities ever in the planning legislation. That means essentially, if there’s any planning application or license application, which looks like it might impact on the environment or on our built heritage, they have to ask An Taisce, for their opinion
Here’s a few websites if you want to know more !