This week on Ours to Protect we took a look at supporting birds in winter.
Did you know?….
- A number of bird populations are in decline.
- This is partially due to the use of pesticides.
- People can take steps in their own gardens to support the birds.
How can I help?….
- Planting native trees and plants can give birds support.
- If you are feeding birds try using seeds, particularly Irish seeds.
- Avoid white bread as it has little nutritional value for the birds.
- If you are interested, get out and see the birds that are around you.
- Resources are available to learn about birds and birdwatching.