This week on Ours to Protect, we looked at Fast Fashion and the impact it has on the environment.
Did you know….
- Fast Fashion is responsible for 8% to 10% of Greenhouse Gas emissions.
- It is also the fourth highest resource and water use after food, housing and transport.
- Approximately 170 thousand tonnes of textiles are discarded every year in Ireland.
- A huge portion of this ends up in Landfills or incinerators.
- There are currently enough clothes produced to dress six generations
What can we do?…
Try and up-cycle clothes already owned.
Swap with friends and family.
Shop second hand and thrift!