This week Wexford is basking in Wexford’s Festival Opera so we headed down to The National Opera House to look at the work they do in terms of sustainability.
- Wexford Festival Opera aims to be a catalyst for positive change and to work towards making our festival more sustainable, efficient, and economical.
- As sustainability gathers momentum, it has become a core value of our effort, alongside and linked to – respect, openness, and excellence – with sustainability now at the heart of everything we do.
- Every department at Wexford Festival Opera is committed to changing for the better.
- Opera House Sustainable Strategy: Focuses on four strands:
- on improving energy and waste management across our buildings;
- on reducing the carbon footprint of our productions;
- on minimising the impact of our events, catering, services, and retail
- on inspiring our staff, artists, audiences, and stakeholders to support action against climate change.
- Opera Europa has a sustainability forum.The Sustainability forum brings together professionals involved in sustainability issues, might they be dedicated Eco-advisors or from various departments of the company, at dedicated sessions during forum meetings and main conferences.
- The Opera Europa forum members discuss issues relating to technical and financial sustainability of the opera production process.
For more information: