Did you know?
- The Nappy Market was launched in 2022 by Kate Doyle
- Kate is a work at home Mam, based in Enniscorthy in Co. Wexford.
- Kate had her first baby Ava, in April 2022 and that’s when she started her cloth nappy journey and where the idea for the Nappy Market began.
- Cloth Nappies are a reusable product with significant appeal – they are an economical choice for families and a greener choice for the environment.
- In summer 2022 Kate decided to set up an online store dedicated to selling and buying reusable nappy products and to providing the information needed to help people choose reusable. A market where parents could buy new and preloved items together in one place so their money goes further.
- Kate uses recycled cardboard packaging boxes provided by several local businesses for all deliveries.
Savings & Sustainability:
- They are as easy to use as disposables. The same nappy will fit a child from birth through to potty training, and can then be reused on a second or third child – significantly cutting down on the waste generated and savings families €1000s.
- One child will easily need 5,000 disposable nappies between birth and potty training costing anywhere between €1,000-€1,500. In comparison a set of cloth nappies would be cost anywhere between €350-€550 and can be reused on subsequent children.
- Disposable nappies take 500 years to break down and one million disposable nappies go into landfill every day in Ireland.
- Using one reusable nappy a day will remove 750 disposables from landfill.
For more information: