Did you know?
- The national TidyTowns initiative was launched in 1958 by Bord Fáilte (now Fáilte Ireland). It was originally part of ‘Tostal’, a nationwide festival celebrating all things Irish.
- The Wexford Tidy Towns Committee has been involved in the Tidy Towns Competition for a number of years.
- Their primary aim is to make Wexford a cleaner, greener and more attractive town for locals and tourists alike.
- Wexford also supports a wide range of wildlife habitats and species of local or national conservation interest which is why they are keen to promote biodiversity in our town as part of our efforts.
- Wexford Tidy Towns is involved with a wide range of projects in the local area that foster a spirit of community pride.
- They aim to enhance Wexford Town and its environs by making the community aware of what we do and how they can help us improve their own area.
- Philomena Murphy joined the Tidy Towns effort in Wexford 16 years ago and hasn’t looked back since. She has become one of Wexford’s best known tidy towns committee members and is motivated by a sense of pride in her home town.
For More information:
- Wexford Tody towns Facebook page