This week, East Coast FM looked at Solar Panels
Did you know…
- Solar panels absorb the sun’s rays to generate electricity
- Solar panels are environmentally friendly and don’t release greenhouse gasses
Why are solar panels important?
- Solar panels are a solution to decrease air pollution caused by emission from burning fossil fuels for energy
- Implementing solar panels can save home costs from nonrenewable energy in the long-run
- Solar panels are a main method of renewable energy to develop and discover alternatives to nonrenewable energy
How can I begin my solar panel journey?
- Measure the area of your roof to determine the size and quantity of solar panels to install
- Evaluate costs and future savings on energy expenses before buying solar panels
- Solar panels work in any climate and absorb sun rays, not heat, so there is no need to be in a warm climate to use them
Here’s a few websites if you want to know more
- https://www.seai.ie/grants/home-energy-grants/solar-electricity-grant/ – Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland
https://www.aei.ie/solar-pv-panels/ – Alternative Energy Ireland