This week Midwest Radio took a trip to the Killaturley group water site just outside of Swinford
Did you know…
- The group water scheme in Killaturley was set up over 50 years ago, when a famer stumbled upon the source.
- They now supply water to most of the town of Swinford.
- Local group water schemes provide communal water supply solutions in rural areas of Ireland.
Why are group water schemes so important?
- Group water schemes provide essential access to clean, reliable water in remote rural areas of Ireland.
- They also promote water access, quality, and sustainability in underserved Irish rural communities.
- Community water initiatives are vital for rural Irish areas, ensuring clean, accessible water sources.
What can I do to help with water conservation?
- Reduce water wastage by fixing leaks, using low-flow fixtures, and conserving water while using it.
- Plant native, drought-resistant vegetation and collect rainwater for garden use to conserve water in Ireland.
- Support local water conservation initiatives, such as river clean-up events and educational programs, to contribute to water conservation efforts in Ireland.
Here’s a few websites if you want to know more!
www.water.ie – This website provides info and resources related to water conservation