This week Midwest Radio spoke to Climate Action Louisburg Locality about what they’ve done with regards to the environment at a local level
Did you know…
- A community-based initiative organizes regular “bike-to-work” days to promote eco-friendly commuting options.
- Local farmers implement regenerative agriculture practices to reduce carbon emissions and restore soil health.
- Residents participate in “swap and share” events to reduce waste and promote a circular economy.
Why is local level climate action so important?
- Local level climate action is crucial because it empowers communities to directly address environmental challenges.
- It fosters resilience and adaptation to the impacts of climate change at the grassroots level.
- Local action sets an example and creates a ripple effect for broader-scale climate initiatives.
What can I do to help climate action?
- Reduce personal carbon footprint by conserving energy, recycling, and using sustainable transportation options.
- Support local businesses that prioritize sustainability and environmentally-friendly practices.
- Get involved in community initiatives, volunteer for local environmental organizations, and advocate for policy changes.
Here’s a few websites if you want to know more!
Information on what is happening in the Louisburgh Locality – Louisburgh Killeen Heritage | A living history of our community in County Mayo (louisburgh-killeenheritage.org)
Provides comprehensive information on climate science, impacts, and solutions – Climate.gov Home