This week Dublin’s Q102 looked at Sustainability in the Hospitality industry
Did you know…
- The Hospitality Industry contributes to roughly 1% of carbon emissions globally.
- The average hotel guest uses eight times more water than the local community.
- The Hospitality Industry is aiming to reduce emissions by 66 per cent by 2030, and by 90 per cent by 2050.
Where can I find a sustainable hotel?
- Many hotels in the country have started to take steps to increase their sustainability and limit their impact on the climate.
- One hotel that is a step ahead of the rest is Dublin’s very own Iveagh Garden Hotel on Harcourt Street.
- After opening their doors in 2018, the Iveagh Garden Hotel became Europe’s first ever fully sustainable hotel.
How can I make my hotel getaway sustainable?
- Travel to more local hotels.
- Check with the hotel or accommodation you’re staying in and see the steps they’re taking to be as sustainable as possible.
- Try to re-use towels and bed linen during your stay.
Here’s a few websites if you want to know more !